When we decide to get in an adventure, it doesn’t matter where to, the first step is to set your expectatives accordingly to the local reality, that’s the only way we can garantee a health tourism, without troubles.
Since we in the Recanto das Flores hostel, expect our guests to have the best moments with us, we’ve placed some tipps about the city, gattered with love by us (the ex-tourists) for you (the new tourists).
- Sunscreen, flea repellent, confortable clothes and sneakers are must-have itens for the trails to the waterfalls. Remember that Bueno Brandão is a city that invests on adventure tourism, and in the contact with nature, so make sure to bring clothes that can get dirty without bigger problems.
- The eletric voltage in the hostel is 220V, we recommend to pay attention when using electric gadgets.
- We of the Recanto das Flores hostel, together with the Bueno Brandão Roteiros association, do our best to guarantee that our guests traffic through safe unpaved roads. But normally unpaved roads demand frequent maintenance, specially after rain showers. Therefore watch out to the path recommendations that we usually send by email, and try to schedule your tripp in a way that you don’t pass through unpaved roads at night, in case it’s your first time in Bueno Brandão. Knowing how to schedule yourself you won’t have nothing to worry about.
- The road to Bueno Brandão has no cellphone signal, so if you have any communication to make, we suggest you to do it in Socorro (the last city in the state of São Paulo, before Bueno Brandão).
- As in the road, the hostel and the city of Bueno Brandão have only a very weak cellphone signal, of specific companies. The contact is possible through the hostels Wi-fi or also through our cellphones, but we ask of you to have the patience and conscience that you are adventuring yourselves to a little-modified by men city. Enjoy the opportunity to desconnect from world and connect yourself with the nature.
- Also due to the lack of signal, we don’t have (by now) how to take credit and debit cards. Money and checks are welcome. For emergency cases, the city has many bank agencies.
- If you or one of the travellers of your group have some kind of diet restriction, please let us know. We are proud of respecting life decisions or limitations of our guests, but we have to be prepared for that.
- Remember also of checking the weather forecast in the day before your tripp (you can see it in the box bellow – but in portuguese). The city stands 1300 meters high, and as a mountain like city, is normal to expect high temperatures through the day and much colder ones at night. So bring your jacket, and be prepared to have lots of fun!